7 Best Home Remedies for Hair Loss That Really Work
According to hair experts, your head has about 100, 000 strands of hair, and that it’s considered absolutely normal to lose 50 to 100 strands per day. However, the experts warn that losing more than this should be a cause for worry.
Excessive hair loss is one of the most common hair problems facing both men and women. A simple search on the internet about “hair loss remedies” will tell you just how common this problem is.
Hair loss can be caused by a number of factors such as aging, hormonal imbalance, environmental effects, excessive stress, nutritional deficiencies, scalp infections, excessive smoking, certain medical conditions such as autoimmune diseases, thyroid disorder, chronic illness…e.t.c, certain medications, and use of harsh or chemically enhanced hair products.
If you’re searching for a hair loss treatment that works perfectly without any side-effects, you should consider trying out natural home remedies.
Check out these 7 best home remedies for hair loss that really work and say goodbye to hair loss!
1. Onion Juice
Because of its high-sulfur content, onion juice is a renowned hair loss remedy. It helps regenerate hair follicles, increases blood circulation on the scalp, and reduces inflammation.
It also helps eliminate scalp infections thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Grate one onion and strain it to extract juice.
- Apply juice onto the scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and shampoo
- Repeat two or three times a week
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is king when it comes to hair problems such as loss, weakness, and breakage.
It’s packed with essential minerals, fats, and proteins that help promote growth while preventing damage. Coconut milk also works perfectly in reducing excessive hair fall.
- Massage about two tablespoons of coconut oil onto your scalp and the hair
- Wash off after an hour and shampoo as usual
3. Indian Gooseberry or Amla
Another incredible natural remedy for hair loss is the famous Indian Gooseberry, also known as Amla.
It’s packed with Vitamin C, an essential vitamin that helps prevent and reverse hair loss, promote hair growth, and maintain a healthy scalp.
- Mix some lemon juice with a tablespoon of Indian Gooseberry pulp.
- Massage thoroughly onto your scalp
- Leave overnight to fully absorb
- Rinse and wash with shampoo
- Repeat at least twice a week
Fenugreek seeds have many uses, and one of them includes preventing and reversing hair loss.
These seeds are rich in hormone antecedents that are known to strengthen hair follicles and enhance hair growth. They are also packed with nicotinic acid and proteins that stimulate hair growth.
- Soak a cup of fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Grind to make a smooth paste
- Apply paste onto scalp and hair, then cover with a shower cap.
- Leave for about 40 minutes
- Rinse and shampoo
- Do this every day for a month for best results.
Garlic has been used since the ancient times to treat numerous health conditions. It’s also very effective in promoting hair regrowth and reducing hair loss due to its high sulphur content.
Don’t worry about the pungent smell though- focus on the benefits it will deliver.
- Crush a few garlic cloves in a small bowl.
- Add some coconut oil and heat the mixture for a few minutes.
- Massage onto your scalp and hair
- Leave for about 30 minutes, rinse thoroughly, and shampoo.
- Repeat at least 2 or 3 times a week
6. Egg Mask
Eggs are rich in powerful minerals and proteins that prevent hair fall and promote hair growth.
An egg mask is a renowned hair loss remedy as it strengthens hair follicles while enriching the scalp with essential minerals and proteins necessary for healthy hair growth.
- Whip an egg white into a small bowl and add a teaspoon of coconut/olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly to get a smooth consistency.
- Apply the paste onto your scalp and hair.
- Leave for about 20 minutes
- Rinse and shampoo
- Repeat at least once a week
7. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is one of the best and most effective home remedies when it comes to falling hair and strengthening weak hair.
It’s said to increase cellular metabolism that helps stimulate hair growth, promotes growth, prevents breakage, and strengthens hair follicles.
- Warm two tablespoons of rosemary oil and massage thoroughly onto your scalp and hair.
- Leave for about 30 minutes
- Rinse and shampoo
- Repeat at least twice a week for best results.